RYA Yachtmaster Coastal prep and exam course
The Prometheus Yachtmaster Coastal prep and exam course is a follow-on course from the theory and practical elements of the Coastal Skipper course. Upon achieving your RYA Yachtmaster Coastal certificate you will be recognised as an advanced, experienced sailor.
- Advanced skipper qualification
- Internationally recognised
- Fine tune sailing techniques
- Improve weak areas
- Improve safety and efficiency
- Develop fuller knowledge and understanding
Where to take this course
Why take this course?
The first five days of this seven-day course involve preparation for the final exam, with your instructor ensuring that you have the knowledge, understanding and techniques required to pass the assessment. You will focus on improving your weak areas, ensuring that your sailing manner is both safe and efficient. On day five an RYA examiner will step aboard and ask you to complete various tasks and manoeuvres to assess your ability. Pre- exam requirements are a GMDSS short range certificate or higher grade of marine radio certificate, an RYA accepted current First Aid and the required logged miles.
Yachtmaster™ Coastal exam pre-requisites
- 30 days, 2 days as skipper, 800 miles, 12 night hours. If you hold the Coastal Skipper practical course completion certificate this is reduced to 20 days, 2 days as skipper, 400 miles, 12 night hours.
- Half the qualifying sea time must be conducted in tidal waters.
- All qualifying seatime must be within 10 years prior to the exam.
- A GMDSS Short Range Certificate (SRC) or higher grade of marine radio certificate.
- A valid first aid certificate
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The Yachtmaster Coastal exam costs £193* which needs to be bought along with you and is payable to the examiner.
Please remember to also bring photo ID and 2 passport size photos with you for the certificate to be issued.
* Exam fee correct at time of publishing and subject to change without prior notice – Source https://www.rya.org.uk/training/certificates-of-competence/exam-fees
To book your course or to find out more:
For dates and availability please contact our UK sailing school on 02394 350 505 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Step Aboard Here
Start your experience with The Moorings on land and sign up to receive e-mails from us about yachts, offers and destinations.