Who is a skipper?
A skipper is a fully qualified and professional captain who will be responsible for sailing the yacht from one hidden gem to another. They will have hundreds of hours of experience sailing many different types and sizes of yachts. They are often local to your chosen destination and therefore, come with a wealth of knowledge to make your sailing adventure the best it can be.
Whether you are new to sailing holidays or are simply looking for a helping hand on board, we have made it easy for you to plan your perfect sailing holiday.
What is a skippered charter?
You will hire a skipper to take the helm, navigating your yacht throughout your sailing holiday. With their local knowledge, the skipper will provide expert tips and advice on must-see stops to enhance your itinerary and get the most from your chosen destination. The skipper will stay on board the yacht throughout the entire duration of your sailing holiday. The skipper provides added security and comfort for new sailors or beginners who aren’t quite ready to take a yacht out or don’t have the qualifications to do so. Experienced sailors may also hire a skipper to take advantage of the local knowledge or to allow them to relax knowing everything is taken care of.
Choose between our ‘Skippered Charter Package’ or ‘Bareboat Skippered Charter’
We offer a ‘Skippered Charter Package’ in the BVI, including the skipper, skipper provisioning (food and drink), and Wi-Fi, with our sister company, The Moorings. Read more on this package here.
Our ‘Bareboat Skippered Charter’ offers more flexibility and is available in all of our stunning destinations on any yacht in our fleet.
‘Bareboat Skippered Charter’ are set out below.
Bareboat Skippered Charter
- Skipper will captain any yacht that you choose within the fleet including all monohulls, and sail catamarans
- You can pay for a skipper per day (in most destinations) or for the whole duration of your charter
- Your skipper will require a cabin for the duration of their time aboard. Consult your Sunsail Holiday Planner, or view the specifications on your yacht’s web page to ensure there is enough space for your party plus the crew you intend to hire. A hired skipper will require a cabin and will utilise an interior cabin. It is possible on some yacht types for skippers to use the forepeak however this should be discussed and agreed at the time of booking as this is subject to availability.
- Available in all worldwide destinations.
- Available for all sailing yachts.
- Any yacht that you choose.
- The skipper is added as an extra to your booking. The skipper price only includes the skipper. You are required to provide provisioning for your hired crew (skipper provisioning is dependent on destination). You can pre-pay this whilst booking online, or a Holiday Planner can add provisioning if you are booking over the phone. If you choose not to do this, you will need to provide your crew with food and drink throughout your charter.
Interested in a Bareboat Skippered Charter?
To build a quote online for the bareboat charter, please click on the link below.
Step Aboard Here
Start your experience with The Moorings on land and sign up to receive e-mails from us about yachts, offers and destinations.