RYA Powerboat level 2 course
If you’re looking to learn how to operate a small boat safely in daylight, you’ll be in the best of hands on this RYA Powerboat Level 2 course from Boatability. See Boatability’s website for more information.
You’ll be taught by experienced and fully RYA accredited skippers, learning everything from preparing your boat to setting off, manouvering and understanding weather information. Learn to operate safely in one of the busiest waterways in the world.
- Two-day course with our power course partner, Boatability
- Small powerboats
- Internationally recognised RYA course
- Suitable for beginners
During the course you will cover:
- How to set up a boat ready to go to sea.
- Basic engine checks.
- Launch and recovery of a boat (if you want to use your own boat and trailer for this please let us know).
- What safety gear you should have and how to wear or use it.
- Methods on how to start/stop a boat.
- How to work with and against the elements during slow boat manoeuvres.
- Different techniques of coming alongside and leaving a berth.
- Slow speed drills, remember ‘Slow is Pro’.
- Ropes and knots.
- Knowledge of how to tow a boat (salvage).
- Local regulations and where to find them.
- How to avoid an accident at sea using the International Regulations for Prevention of Collisions at Sea – IRPCS.
- Understanding the weather.
- Using an Almanac to get the tide times and other info.
- Chart work and basic navigation including GPS and covering the buoyage system IALA.
- High speed manoeuvres.
- Anchoring and mooring.
Step Aboard Here
Start your experience with The Moorings on land and sign up to receive e-mails from us about yachts, offers and destinations.